Wednesday, 7 October 2015
Kerala wildlife tour
Home to fourteen wildlife sanctuaries located in the Western Ghats, Gods own country-Kerala offers
Wildlife sanctuaries to visit in Kerala wildlife tour
1) Located at a distance of thirty kilometer from Thiruvananthapuram is the Neyyar sanctuary. Home to exotic flora and fauna, mountain slopes, the meadows, the brooks and the natural surrounding – this sanctuary contributes immensely towards making the trek adventurous.
2) Peppara wildlife sanctuary is Located at a distance of fifty kilometer from Thiruvananthapuram. Spread across fifty three square kilometer on the Western Ghats this sanctuary comprises of rich flora and fauna. Hillocks, forests and eucalyptus plantations make the Peppara wildlife sanctuary treasure box loaded with precious gems.
3) Located at a distance of sixty six kilometer from Kollam, the Shenduruney wildlife sanctuary is known for its unique bio-diversity. The sanctuary houses remains of Stone Age and showcase the culture that prevailed then.
4) Idukkiwildlife sanctuary is Located at a distance of fifty five kilometer from Thodupuzha in Idukki wildlife sanctuary. Offering a lot of excitement and scenic views this sanctuary has a canopy of dense tropical forests and semi evergreen forests. Additionally you will also find deciduous trees and a scenic lake surrounded by the deciduous forests adding to its beauty.
5) Periyar tiger reserve is famous for its rich bio-diverse spots. A protected tiger reserve this sanctuary is well known across the globe. There are two watch towers that make wildlife viewing an interesting experience.
6) Located at a fifteen kilometer distance from Munnar in Idukki is the famous Ervikulamnational park. Most of the park attractions are situated in the Devikulam Taluk. The park is known for the Neelakurinji Park that blooms once in twelve years.
7) Located at a distance of sixty kilometer from Munnar in Idukki, Chinnar wildlife sanctuary is located on the Tamilnadu border and offers the sightings of elephants, tigers, gaur and several other wild residents.
8) The beautiful Wayanad wildlife sanctuary comprises of two pockets. Wayanad sanctuary has Muthanga dominating it in the south and Tholpetty in the north. Natural and beautiful looking the Wayanad wildlife sanctuary is rich in natural surroundings and mesmerizing beauty.
9) Chimmini wildlife sanctuary is a dense forest housing a variety of birds and butterflies. This sanctuary is famous for its innumerable trekking trails.
10) Silent valley national park is believed to be the only park comprising of evergreen forests. Not a whisper or chirping of the birds can be heard here and that’s what gives the valley its name – “Silent Valley”
Kerala wildlife tour package is ideal for honeymooners, leisure travelers and adventure seekers.