Saturday, 7 March 2015
Plan a trip to the Kerala backwaters
Over the years the backwaters of Kerala have earned so much fame that it continues to attract tourist from across the globe. With increase in number of tourist inflow every year all measures have been taken to maintain the natural faced of the backwaters to offer you the experience you deserve to feel when you sign up for one these backwater cruises.
What to expect
BE assured depending on the package and days you choose to cruise on the backwaters of Vembanad you as a honeymoon couple will be greeted with Fresh cut tender coconut/ fruit juice / sweet
· Some houseboat depending on the ratings offers you fresh wet towels to instantly refresh
· A beautifully set room to create the perfect romantic ambiance Special toiletries to pamper you
· The rooms come with air-conditioning, comfortable beds and adequate lighting
· A beautiful dinner on the deck with special table set up for newly weds
o A candle light arrangement
o Special gourmet preparation by the chef
o A scrumptious dessert or cake to pep up the honeymoon feel
o You can request for a special slow dance with some apt music to make your honeymoon special. You might need to check for this arrangements feasibility beforehand though
What to carry
Houseboat cruises will involve a lot of activities pertaining to water. You can be prepared with
· Comfortable cotton clothing’s as air-conditioning in most star rated boats operate from 9:00am to 6:00 pm only.
· Carry comfortable shoes or flip flops
· The houseboat is equipped with natural means to ward of insects and mosquitoes but there is no harm in carrying an extra mosquito repellant cream
· Carry a good hat and sunglasses to enjoy the picturesque view of the lake and avoiding the hide and seek of the seeping sunlight
· If you plan on taking a canoe ride off into the canals and lagoons carry a camera that’s water resistant so you can capture some of the beautiful and unbelievable scenic charisma of the lake
· IF you decide to use a paddle boat on your own than you’d need to carry your paddling suit and preferably a GPS. Make sure someone knows where you are heading off to.
· IF this is your first time on a backwater cruise and you are not sure if you might feel sick, carry some quick pills for motion sickness or nausea.
· Most dishes prepared in Kerala call for coconut oil however with increase in global tourists the use of coconut oil so if you are adventurous you can try out the authentic tasting Kerala dishes or be safe and go for the regular cooking oil you are used to.
The tourism board in Kerala takes extra care to provide protection to tourists especially those considering houseboat cruises hence the tourism police and boat associations make sure all safety measures are on board the houseboat. Nearly 3 to 5 staffs are always available on board and are responsible for the management of all things on board.
You can additionally call and check with the boat management beforehand of all the safety measures, facilities and amenities that are available on board including confirming the route you would be cruising.
After all you are planning a romantic honeymoon cruise to enjoy a pleasant ride and romantic stay safety and security check will only keep you and your better half safe and sound on your honeymoon cruise on the backwaters of Vembanad.